A Broken Dream
|Start Location:||Plunderous Plains||Repeatable:||.|
|Start NPC:||Ghost of a Railroad Engineer||Updated to:||Unknown|
|Rewards:||Shots, potions or scrolls|
1) For this quest, which can be picked up at level 39, you must first have done The Ocean of Distant Stars. At the end of that quest you are already standing in front of the Ghost of a Railroad Engineer. Talk to him again.
2) He tells you about the unhappy ghosts of the workers who had been employed in the Sky Wagon project and asks you to put them out of their misery. In their moment of ultimate death some ghosts will give up dream fragments which the Engineer is interested in. Nellis' Vengeful Spirit he talks about is a lvl 39 Raid Boss. Don't touch him.
3) You will probably have noticed the groups of translucent ghosts wandering the area between the bridge you came over and the Railroad Engineer. They consist of one aggressive lvl 40 Vagabond of the Ruins who has three or four passive lvl 39 Forgotten Crewmen following him around. Both the Vagabond and the Crewmen are double HP, so you should better not attempt this quest alone. The quest item acquisition rate is about 1 out of 4.
4) When you have some Remnants of Old Dwarves' Dreams, return to the Ghost of a Railroad Engineer. For a reward you have a choice of D-Grade shots, potions or scrolls.
Here is in detail what you get:
- 1 Remnant = 1 Healing Potion
- 2 Remnants = 1 Scroll of Escape + 3 Lesser Healing Potions
- 3 Remnants = 1 Haste Potion + 1 Lesser Healing Potion
- 6 Remnants = 1 Potion of Alacrity + 3 Lesser Healing Potions
- 6 Remnants = 1 Scroll of Resurrection
- 9 Remnants = 1 Compressed Package of Soulshots D-Grade + 3 Lesser Healing Potions
- 15 Remnants = 1 Compressed Package of Spiritshots D-Grade
- 38 Remnants = 1 Compressed Package of Blessed Spiritshots D-Grade + 1 Healing Potion
Considering the difficulty of taking out those ghost groups these are largely symbolic rewards.