An Arrogant Search
|Start NPC:||Hanellin||Updated to:||Chaotic Throne 2 - Epilogue|
1) This quest starts in Aden in the Dark Elf Guild with Magister Hanellin. She tells to you go to the Giants' Cave and find the Titan's Powerstone from Lesser Giant Elders and Lesser Giant Mages.
NOTE: From the Epilogue update the Giants' Cave mobs have been changed so for this part you have to collect Shell of Monsters from Yintzu and Paliote in Forsaken Plains. Adding new screens when I get them.
2) Both of these mobs are found at the bottom of the Giants' Cave. I believe it still requires last hit; that's what I did when I ran this last time. It is not 100% drop, so you'll need to kill at least a few. When you get it go back to Aden.
3) Talk to Hanellin and she sends you to find several other people.
4) The first one is outside of the north exit of Aden, Claudia Athebalt. She sends you to the Ark of Secrecy. The quest is a bit buggy here, you should get the directional arrow over your head but the map flag icon will show for a second then vanish.
5) The ark is in the Aden Cemetery. Speak to it.
An angel will spawn and you will need to kill it. It should not be hard. It will drop a key.
Talk to the chest again to get the quest item.
6) This step may be optional but if you go back to Claudia this is what she says.
7) The next person to talk to is Martien who is in Giran. He tells you where the next Ark is.
8) I suggest starting up the mountain here:
to reach the final destination (on top of a mountain) here:
Talk to the chest
An archer mob will spawn, he should be fairly easy to kill like the first one.
Then talk to the chest again.
9) Again this may be optional but if you speak to Martien again this is what he says.
10) The final person to talk to is in the Dark Elf Village in the Temple, Magister Harne.
11) You will want to find the dead angel before the chest this time. It is up the side of the mountain. Speak to it.
Now at this point the worst of the mobs spawns, a mob called Angel Killer. He has 9x hp! He does melee damage as well as various ranged nukes. If you are not a good damage class, bring a friend. He is classified as undead so an Elven Elder or Bishop can use Might of Heaven on him. This guy has super pdef also so again, unless you can put out a good amount of damage fast you will need help or he will regen faster than you can kill him. He also can paralyze you so bring a Shilien Elder or Bishop.
When he dies talk to the corpse of the angel again. You will get the key, and the Ark is in between the rock formation you should be able to see from your current location.
12) If you talk to Harne again this is what she says. (once again, I do not know if this is optional).
13) Go back to Aden to Hanellin and she asks you to buy 1 Healing Potion and 5 Antidotes. You can buy those at the Grocery Store.
She will give you a White Fabric.
At this point the quest has two options: 1) Meet the Emperor or 2) Make some money.
If you choose Meet the Emperor once you bloody your one cloth, the quest ends. There is no reason you should choose this.
If you choose Make some Money, (as I did here) she tells you to bloody the White Fabric by going to the Tower of Insolence and fighting Platinum Tribe Overlords or Shaman. You can get the cloth bloody by hunting these mobs normally but this way can take hours. Most people pull one of these mobs into a hallway and get someone to paralyze it, and then beat on it with their fists or a fast low damage weapon, like the Chrono fist type weapons. It seems to help get the fabric bloody faster if you hit it many times as fast as possible.
14) The Platinum Tribe Overlords and Shamans can be found in TOI 7th floor.
15) I still have to screenie the rest, but once you bloody the one cloth and go back to Hanellin, she will give you a pack of 9 more which you can bloody on the angels on the 10th floor of TOI.
And I tested this myself, if you come back with NO WHITE FABRICS but less than the full amount of BLOODY FABRICS (so say, 0 white ones and 5 bloody ones) Hanellin will take all the Bloody Fabrics away and give you some adena for them. If you come back with all of them bloody she should give you adena and 9 more. But I'd suggest just keeping all of them for visiting Baium.
NOTE: Stabbing Baium is optional since Gracia Final for the subclass quest Fate's Whisper, you can choose whether to go see him or just kill some more Platinums for Hanellin.