4) What is recorded on the Metallograph opens up the possibility that one of the Cruma, giant tortoises created at the beginning of time, might still exist. Lorain sends you to Priest Shegfield in Dion to find out more.
5) The Elven priest is in the Einhasad Temple on the hill north of the town.
6) Shegfield tells you that the Cruma are an extinct species. The last of its kind fought alongside the Elves in their war against the Humans and died a heroic death in the place now known as the Sea of Spores while covering the retreat of the Elves.
8) You will probably remember that Kusto is in the Blacksmith workshop at the west gate of the town.
9) Kusto considers pure scholarly research on Cruma tortoises as unprofitable. Nevertheless he gives you 117,327 adena for your trouble. If your character is between level 42 and 47 you will also get 309,467 exp and 20,614 SP.